WIM would like to acknowledge the outstanding female winners at the 2010 WA Media Awards.
– Cathy O’Leary, The West Australian – Feature on Health-Related Issues Award for Playing with the odds.
– Claire Nichols, ABC – Culture and Art Report – the A.H Kornweibel Arts Award for Charlie
– Frances Pratt, The West Australian – Resources Report Award
– Linda Callaghan, Post Newspapers – Environmental Report Award for the Dolphin poison series
– Nikki Wilson-Smith, ABC – Feature in Electronic Medium Award for Family Violence
– Paige Taylor, The Australian – Print News Report Award for the Christmas Island Series.
– Phoebe Wearne, Albany Advertiser – New Journalist or Cadet Award
– Sarah Ferguson, ABC TV: Four Corners – Consumer Affairs Report for Over the Edge
– Sarah Quinton, The West Australian- Matt Price Award for Best Columnist